Did you know?
Pender Island Chamber members can have a dedicated page, and a photo gallery promoting your business, on our website? As well, members are featured in the 30,000 brochures that are distributed on the BC Ferries, the Coho, Tourist Info Centres, and, NEW IN 2014, your Chamber is participating in Tourism Vancouver Island’s Brochure Distribution Program (global reach). Your Chamber has spent over $15,000 in 2014 (in partnership with Tourism Vancouver Island’s Community Opportunities Grant program) on marketing initiatives to draw visitors to Pender Island.
Businesses join the Chamber for a variety of reasons. In addition to the benefits noted above, the Chamber provides an avenue for business people in our community to create a positive business environment. It also provides our local business community with a means to promote our area to the outside world and to make our community a better place to live. The Chamber is a voice for business and the community.
British Columbia Chamber Benefits
Please note that in order to take advantage of BC Chamber member benefits, members are required to submit an application through the BC Chamber of Commerce. Contact the Pender Island Chamber for assistance.
- Group Insurance Plan - Canada’s #1 Plan for Employee Benefits. Provides flexibility (design an employee benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.) that works for any budget. No minimum company size and no industry restrictions. Rate stability at renewal, outstanding service and fast, accurate payments.
- Fuel Discount Programs – Petro-Canada (2 cents/litre discount on all grades of fuel, and car wash discounts), Esso (3.5 cents/litre discount on fuel, and car wash discounts), and Shell (TBA).
- Hotel, Park’N Fly, Car Rental Discounts
- Staples Advantage – discounts on office supplies
- First Data TM Preferred Member pricing on merchant services, including credit and debit card transactions. Access to full suite of products: Ecommerce, TeleCheck Electronic Cheque Acceptance, First Data Mobile Pay, Wired & Wireless Terminal, Gift Card Solutions.
- Payworks Online Payroll Solution – features include: direct deposit, automatic government remittances, year-end tax filing/T4s submission and electronic records of employment. Dedicated Client Service Representative. Employee self-service provides easy access for your employees to receive paystubs and T4s. Exclusive pricing to BC Chamber members through Affinity program.
- VersaPay provides local support and training provided from our BC office. The Online Checkout System can accept payments on your website-no software to install. Supports physical terminals, ecommerce services and mobile services. Offers preferential processing rates on Visa, MasterCard, Interac and eCommerce for members.
- and more…
Pender Island Chamber Benefits
- Visitor Guide and Map featuring your business with optional map locator
- Web Site with link to your business web site
- Email contact
- Visitor Info Center with racking for business cards & brochures